Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Netherlands........a month ago!

Sorry for the major delay........my patience with uploading the pictures is not so good!
Also.....the pics are a little out of order!
This one was taken while we were on the boat tour. The canals here were amazing.

This is a house that actually sits on the canal. Some looked pretty like this one, some did not.
I did see a sign in the window of one that said "Dont Mess With Texas", but was too slow to get a shot of it!
This was where I felt like Moses was leading us with his staff, except for our guides name was Peter and he was carrying a #6 instead of a staff! He taught us a lot about the architecture of the buildings.
We ate lunch here while on the tour......this place was meant for short people.
A living statue with a wonderful costume.......lucky for them it isn't hot there.
This is another self portrait before dinner one night on the ship.
A bridge in Amsterdam........more beautiful in person!!
In the Netherlands, you have to take a picture of at least one windmill! I also got a windmill charm for my charm bracelet!!
Instead of 3 story car parking garages, they have 3 story bicycle garages! This is how most people get to work! This may have something to do with why we did not see many overweight people......except tourists!
Another must for the Netherlands.........a wooden shoe picture!


3 comments:

thomascrow9 said...

Great pics my girl. You all had a wonderful time, as we can tell. It must have been thrilling to see all the places. Of course I got to see all the pics in person and they are all good. Can't wait for pics of Port Aransas on both our blogs.
love you
dad

Amy said...

Great picture of you and the hubs! Thanks for sharing!

Kasey said...

I came across your blog. Two things, love the background,and music. Second, I'm jealous you got to go to the Netherlands. I've always wanted to go!! Great pics too.