Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Where In The World Have I Been????

I have been BUSY! Last week I left bright and shiny early (like 6:22 am) on Tuesday and flew to DFW....from there to St Louis....from there to Springfield, Illinois, for update training for my job. It was cold, sometimes rainy, and mostly BORING! The good side of it was that one of the other people in the class I already knew----

I got back to Dallas on Friday, had lunch with my sister, Cathe and niece Brooklyn, then came home. We went to the football game that night---sat in what I call the "unsocial section"---away from most spectators and parents who think they have it all figured out---this is the place Jonathan wants to sit. At least we do have some friends who sit up there with us!!! That helps!

Saturday BFF Lorie and I went to work out and then had some last minute shopping to do for the Housewarming Party she was doing for us on Sunday. We made desserts, tea, and coffee.
(I will post the pics later). Her mom came over (in the pouring rain) and helped with the flower arranging and placement. I even had to ask an unsuspecting neighbor if we could have a few leaves/twigs/filler/whatever you call it from her garden to make the arrangements fuller/taller/prettier!

Sunday after the monthly luncheon at church, everyone (90 people, we think) came over for dessert! Lorie even ordered the CUTEST cake from a bakery in Waco called "Simply Delicious".
The name says it all. We had fun visiting with everyone, and joked afterwards that we should have arranged for the people to come in shifts according to the first letter of their last name! It was fun and we were thankful that so many people came!

Monday is was back to Southlake, Tuesday was spent with BFF, and now it is Wednesday already! I did have lunch with Grant today. Did you know that kindergarteners eat LUNCH at 10:40?????

I will try to get the dessert and flower pics up soon!

No comments: