Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thieves?? and fun with Ike!

Do BFF Lorie and I look like thieves? Below is our best thief-ish look.....dont know why we are smiling.....mostly we couldnt quit laughing! There is a story behind this pic........
Some of our friends from church have a pool....they are not home during the day so we asked them if we could use the pool while our kids are at school....we swim and try to catch a few rays...visit, drink Diet Coke...that sort of thing. The funny thing about this scenario is that we park the car at the entrance and have to use a step ladder to get to the top of the column to get over the remote controlled gate and walk down the driveway to even get to the pool. (Our friends' gate has a remote because they have been broken into before...they live in the COUNTRY!) One of the times we went "sunning" we were sitting by the pool.....BFF lying on the diving board and me sitting on the side of the pool with my feet in.....when I hear the doorbell ring. I sat there for a minute thinking that it wasn't true.......after all, who could get through the gate unless they either had a remote or used our stepladder???? The doorbell rang again....what could we do....we both had on our swimsuits! We yelled, "We are in the back!" This older man comes back there and is asking us a million questions......who are you.....what are you doing here......why does your car have Dallas plates.......We assured the interrogator that we did have permission to be there to which his response was, "I wish they would have let somebody know about this"....he said that a couple of times...finally BFF asked him if he wanted us to leave.....he said he guessed not.......and left! We found out later that the interrogator was the father of the guy we go to church with. Our poor church friends were so embarrassed that he was asking us all those questions! It was pretty funny.....that was the inspiration for this pic.......so I could blog about it.

I know many had different experiences with IKE last weekend, but I came home to find this on that Saturday morning.........
the kids using the rafts that belong to BFF and I as sleds during the rain and waterhose shower to go down the hill in our backyard!
Thank goodness they did not pop them.......
BFF and I have some more sunning to do!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

sorry I am having trouble logging in
....bff here laughing very hard!!!

Kasey said...

This looks like fun. We should have done that the two days it was raining here, oh wait, we were gutting our basement b/c all the rain came in our house!!!

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

Hey I saw you on Angela's page and thought I would drop by to say hi!
Your family looks awesome! We moved from Waco several years ago- but some how I have still managed to stay in Mops -yr. 7. drop by my blog sometime!

Kristen said...

Wish we'd thought of that during IKE!

Anonymous said...

That's my gkids!!!!!!!!!! They do have a good time don't they? POps misses that kind of stuff but will be back in a couple of years to see the goings on. I love you all my gkids, all 8, almost 9 of you.
love you
pops