Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thermometers and Muffins

Baseball season is here again! The kids practice on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Needless to say.....they are TIRED! Yesterday, Thomas was trying to convince me he was sick. His stomach hurt, his arm hurt, his head hurt........so I got out the thermometer. It said 97. I took it twice......still 97. I gave him some breakfast and told him to get after it----to try to go to school and if he still felt bad that the nurse would call me later. We decided to take his temperature one last time.......I put it under his tongue and went to fix Jill's hair. I went back to the kitchen only to find him putting the thermometer in his muffin!! The temp was then 106! I smiled and very sweetly explained to him that if his temp was that high, that we would be on our way to the hospital! He went to school.......I did not get a call from the nurse. By the afternoon, I think he had forgotten about the whole thing!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Loved catching up! That is one of the funniest "sick" stories I have ever heard!! They are so creative!

The "hunting" trip sounds like a blast. Wish I had one of those with my fam! Oh...but our boys have one annually!!

Congrats to Jill on the TAKS. And have fun at HSM. I'll let you know how it was.

Shelley said...

That is a good one! I have to admit I think I remember holding the thermometer up to the lamp once... cant remember if it worked or not!

Anonymous said...

I held one up to the lamp once too shelley, but it did not work. My mom told me if my temp was 110, I would be dead. Never thought about sticking it in food. That's my grandson, trying so hard to be "good". Love them all though.
POPS