Thursday, March 27, 2008

DAVIS GIRLS HUNTING TRIP!

All of us at a Coffee Haus in Gruene.


At Adobe Verde..............so delicious!
This is a kitten that looked as if it was in jail! Just under a building in the town. It did not want anything to do with us!
We had so much stuff that Micah and Hannah had to sit in the back-back of Gisela's car!! Just Visiting!


Every Spring Break (for the past 5-6 years or so) the Davis Girls take a "Hunting Trip". We hunt for treasures, bargains, cute stuff, and just hang out together. This year we went to Gruene.

Those in attendance were: Lady, Carra, Jenny, Addie, Fern, Gisela, Gisela's friend Christy, Micah, Hannah, Me, and Jennifer! (My BFF, Lorie, who attended last year could not go this year because she had been to Taos the week before.......I know.........poor BFF...stranded in Taos!!)

We stayed in New Braunfels, which is about 3 miles from Gruene, and way cheaper that staying in Gruene itself! The first night we shopped a little and then went to the Gristmill to eat. It was good, of course, and we were very full when we left. The onion rings there are awesome.
After eating, we went back to the hotel and stayed up too late visiting in our pjs.
Tuesday morning most of us got up and ate breakfast at IHOP, had a devo back at the hotel provided by Jenny, then off to Gruene again. All I really bought was food items! Is that terrible!? It rained most of the day, but we survived! There was a really neat store there called "Stepping Stones" where I bought a book called "10 Minute Time Outs for You and Your Kids".
It has little stories with Bible verses-----the kids and I are reading them every night. The boys complain.......but they have to listen anyway!! ha! Lady was feeling sick after lunch, so she and Carra went back to the hotel to rest. She recovered thank goodness!
Tuesday night we went to see "The Bank Job" at the movies. We thought it was the movie with Queen Latifah, Katie Holmes, and Diane Keaton. WRONG! It was about a bank robbery!! People were shot........killed.......definitely not the movie we thought it was going to be. Take your husbands to see it.........its a boy show. After the movie, we ate at Applebees because it was close to the hotel and we were tired! We visited some more there and again at the hotel in our pjs.
Wednesday morning we had to get up and outta there. One group was driving to Abilene---another was going back to Lubbock. Jennifer and I just had to head down I-35 home.
It was fun.........I love all of those girls! Micah will graduate this year! I can't believe it.
At our reception she and Hannah (5 and 6 yrs old then) tried to convince me to throw the bouquet to them because "no one ever throws it to us. Its not fair!" they said. I think Farrah actually caught it----------sorry all of that was kind of random. We had a great time!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Sounds so fun. You are truly blessed with J's great family and all the pink thumbprint cookies your heart desires :)

Anonymous said...

ok..I am no longer lurking...you busted me when I checked your and my location of taos ski valley revealed me!!ha...i so WISH I could've made the hunting trip but I loved the card you brought back from ALL the "Davis Girls"