Monday, March 31, 2008

LOST DOG, ROOT CANAL, and SHUT THE BLINDS!

Cocoa is lost. If you will remember, Cocoa is our (my) Shih Tzu that we got in November. Yesterday after we got home from church, we let Cocoa and Love (the other Shih Tzu) out of their play yard to go potty. They always do their business together.....they are always together!
Love came back........Cocoa did not. Yesterday was filled with all of us calling him and looking around the house, the field, the side of the road, the road........expecting to find the worst. (Yes, this is the same dog that, last month, spent a night in doggie ICU and then a week in quarantine at the vet because he got PARVO, even with the vaccine!) Today, Cocoa is still missing and we are all sad. Jonathan is not sad-------his favorite dog is Love. I am putting out posters in all the mailboxes on our road today. Hopefully we will get a call..........a good call.


The other yucky thing is that I have to get a root canal today at 12:15. I had one last summer on the day of Jill's state tournament game. The dentist said then that I would probably need another one on the tooth behind the one he did--------he was SO right. It has hurt on and off for a while. Today my cheek is swollen........time to take care of it! I dread the dentist. My childhood dentist's name was Danny Fletcher. He made me scared to death of going to the dentist. One time when I was in middle school, he had a bright idea to pull FOUR of my teeth in one day---2 on top, 2 on bottom, opposite sides of my mouth. Ever since that day..........I'd rather not go. But I cannot go around looking like I do today, so I guess I will take care of it.
OUCH.

In other happenings...........We had a pretty normal weekend. Jonathan took us to breakfast at Panera on Saturday......I love that place. He went on to yoga while the kids and I went to Wal Mart to get groceries. I took a nap (I LOVE NAPS) and J and I even had a date that night!
We ate at La Fiesta and went to see "21". My oldest sister could so be a card counter! I texted her during the movie and told her I had a new job lined up for her! Then we met my BFF, whom I will call the Taos Lurker (haha), and her husband at Starbucks afterwards. They had attended
a fundraiser for their son's school and were done a little before we were, so........since we both had babysitters.......might as well visit over a peppermint mocha! It was cold inside and cold outside, so we sat in their car. The Starbucks we went to is right beside a Hampton Inn......we are sitting in their car facing the windows of the hotel. On one of the second floor windows, we saw a girl in a wedding dress, looking at herself in the mirror, twirling her long veil train, and talking on her cell phone! It was probably 10 pm!!!! HELLO???????? We watched her for a while....no sign of a groom........then she was looking out the window while talking on the phone and (of course) Jonathan waves at her!!! Later, we saw a groom. He drew the curtains. Smart guy.
On the fourth floor, there was talk of a naked woman in the window. I did not see that one!!
Yesterday was pretty normal.....church, lunch, nap for me, church........Hope you all had a great weekend! Today would have been my Nanny's birthday----------Happy Bday Nanny!

No comments: