Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Vacuum Cleaning Robot

My sweet husband bought one of these vacuum cleaning robots yesterday.....the irobot Roomba 5th Generation. I was a little skeptical at first, but........now I am a BELIEVER! You let it charge on the docking station first, then let it go! It comes with virtual walls that you can block off spaces with if you only want it to do a certain area. Last night while we were bathing the kids, doing homework, eating dinner, etc. we set it in our front room, which is carpeted, and WOW!
It vacuums under the furniture and everything. No wonder people have such bad allergies.
It also does hardwood and tile floors. The little sweeper that you can see in the pic swipes the baseboards.

Today I set it off in our living room and forgot the virtual wall or to set something in front of the hall door----and, needless to say, it was LOST! I lost the robot. When Jill got home from school I had her help me look for it....it had gotten stuck under my bed on the cord to the mattress warmer. She retrieved it for me and it is vacuuming as we speak!

There is also one called the Scooba, that MOPS! Maybe I will get it for Valentines Day. Isnt that a romantic gift? Maybe I will buy it for VDay for Jonathan.......he does the mopping (and most vacuuming) after all. He is better at it than I am! : ) He is stronger!

Now if I could just find one that does laundry and changes the sheets!

3 comments:

Amy said...

That's a new addition to my "want" list!! SO COOL!

Shelley said...

That is AWESOME!!!

Anonymous said...

that is awsome! how do you get it to work??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!