Monday, February 25, 2008

still in shock!

The kids have been "so neglected".........no one takes them to McDonalds anymore. We make them eat at places like Black Eyed Pea, Pizza House, and Leo's Mexican Restaurant. According to them, its just not fair. Soooooooo........being the Mom of the Year candidate that I am, I took them to the coveted arches tonight for dinner in Hillsboro. (J is also very busy at the moment, so it was a good time for the kids and I to go!)

We ate (did you know they dont have the asian salad anymore? so disappointing!), and the kids played while I cleaned out my purse full of gum wrappers, too many pens, and lots of Tylenol type products.

As we were dining, I sat in shock at the way other parents there spoke to their kids. One kid apparently put a larger bite than the mom liked in his mouth-----you would have thought he tried to set the place on fire because of the way she yelled at him. Two other 'ladies' brought 3 kids with them----apparently the kids were not to talk to the women because they also were yelling at the kids to "leave them alone because they were being unfair. The kids were there to play, not to interrupt conversations" OH MY!

I pray that I do not sound like the people I witnessed tonight!!!

1 comment:

POPS said...

THOSE POOR MISTREATED CHILDREN, HAHAHAHAHAHA THEY ARE EATING SO GOOD BUT LOVE THE PLAY GROUND THE ARCHES HAS TO OFFER. DON'T WORRY MOM, SOME DAY, YOU WILL PRAY THEY WOULD MENTION MCD'S AGAIN, WHEN THEY ALL ORDER STEAK. WILL DRIVE THE BUDGET NAZI CRAZY. GLAD YOU TREATED THEM WITHOUT POPS THOUGH. LOVE YOU DARLIN