Friday, February 1, 2008

Today..........

I did get my voice back yesterday----so now I can answer my own phone! You know its the little things that make me happy! Thanks to all of you for your home remedies----the one I forgot on the last post was to gargle with alum water. NASTY is all I have to say about that one.

Our little 4 month old dog, Coco, is very sick. I got home yesterday around 4:30 and she was throwing up what looked like white foam......I called the vet......he was out somewhere with someone's horse and was going to be a while. The vet tech gave me the number to the animal hospital in Waco and I took Coco there. After some testing, it was determined that she has Parvo. NOT GOOD.
She had to spend the night at the hospital with an IV for fluids and antibiotics. He had to be picked up by 7:30 am this morning (thanks, Dad, for picking up the dog you dont like!) and taken to our regular vet. I took him there this morning after the 3rd grade parent breakfast and the vet says he has to stay there! For up to a week or more! He is going to be on the IV there, too.
Say a little prayer for Coco. We love that little dog.

It is also contagious----and we have another Shih Tzu that is 5 months old and she is fine. I did take her back to the vet today to get a booster shot to make sure that she doesn't get it, too. We are also bleaching everything! EVERYTHING! I am going to get another pillow for the dogs today. My sweet budget nazi is going crazy over this.........but..........it has to be done.

Maybe I should be selling pet insurance. I have heard of it.........I thought it was a little crazy until I paid the bill for the one night in the hospital. OH MY. I will keep you all updated about Coco.

The kids are all fine. J has a Girl Scout Bowling Trip tonight, we have bball games tomorrow, signups for softball/baseball/tball this weekend, and of course......some football game on Sunday.

No comments: