Saturday, May 3, 2008

Racing........well......kind of!

Here we are.....the racers.....at the Race for the Cure! Lorie and I signed up for the one mile WALK. We dont run.....yet. Neither of us had ever done anything like this before---we had no idea what to expect. We got there early this morning...this cold morning...not knowing where to go or what to do!
One of our new trainers from the workout place said.....Oh dont worry---we will find each other while there. YEAH RIGHT. There were a thousand people there. So Lorie and I walked together......amazed at the whole thing. I walked thinking about my friend Laura from Sweetwater that survived breast cancer and hoping that she was being honored at her local race.



This is one view of the racers in front of us. There were men, women, children walking, children is strollers, and dogs. We even saw one dog with a Hooters shirt on. Too tacky to even take a picture of.


These guys were revving their engines as we all walked by. It was LOUD. We did see one girl biker with GREAT arms. She was muscled up----Lorie and I will look like her someday. It will take a few more Bodypump Classes for that.


This is the view from the other bridge that we crossed. I wish my camera phone had a zoom on it, but I guess you can kinda see the racers. AMAZING.

We had a good time. After it was over----we both had stuff to do. My next stop was STARBUCKS then off to baseball games. *****Jill even hit a legitimate home run today---it wasn't even due to errors on the field! WAY TO GO sister. We are proud of you!******

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I looked for you at the race but it was too crazy to spot you. It was really cold! I suggested walking the mile back to the car as our part of the race but my husband wouldn't agree! Interestingly, I did run into a couple of people I "used to know". So many random things happen in a crowd! Have a good week!

Shelley said...

Looks like lots of fun! Wish we could have been there. There were lots of people from H there. Maybe next time :)