Thursday, December 7, 2006

Sweet Baboo

As some of you know, I call Thomas my "Sweet Baboo". I call him this because he carried around a baby blanket for YEARS! Just this year it mysteriously "disappeared" into his time capsule. Today is my Sweet Baboo's 6th birthday and he asked me this morning if I could eat lunch (at 10:45 no less) with him at school. So.......with my wonderful paraprofessionals covering for me........I went to eat with Thomas and all the rest of the Kindergarteners at West Elementary. The cuisine today was nachos, pork 'n beans, pears, corn, and milk. DELICIOUS. I walked in and he had on his birthday hat and he was so excited to see me. We moved to the table where the parents always sit and he just kept smiling at me. While driving back to the high school, I kept asking myself why I had not made the time to go have lunch with him before now. It is the 79th day of school.
I guess what I am trying to say is...........take the time to do the little things..............I know I won't forget the smile on my Sweet Baboo's face.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

It is amazing how the "little things" are all that seem to matter to our children and they always seem to remind us of that. Hope to see you all soon. Love ya!

Steve said...

Vanessa,
Those little moments are the ones that are remembered forever. I will always remember asking "Do you want to go home with us?" Of course, it was always not today, but that ONE day when you said yes meant the world to me. It is one of those "little" highlighted days in my life. You brought a different dimension to the Everett household and we all learned to love in a new direction. FAMILY matters...guard it..cherish it...love it...and most of all show your appreciation always to your family.
Love,
Steve