Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Glad my toenails were painted!

Well...........here I sit...on the couch.....with all sorts of things around me. My computer, cell phone, house phone, business phone, 2 kinds of pain medicine, 7 magazines, a can of Diet Coke, and the remote!

Here's the story......not too proud of this one! I went yesterday morning to Boot Camp, showered, and went to Target to get the kids Valentines Day stuff for school. I did that and was going back to the car and somehow rolled my ankle. I knew immediately that I had done something! Tears came to my eyes....but I was being tough! I hopped to the car and decided that if I went home and put some ice on it, elevated it, and took some Tylenol, that I would be OK. That plan didn't work out so well. Did I mention that Jonathan was out of town for business? He called me back finally.......I was crying.......no one else in town was home.........BFF had the flu! OH DEAR! My sweet husband, from 200 miles away....made some calls and found a friend to take me to the ER. He was so sweet about it! He kept trying to talk to me about different stuff to take my mind off of the lovely swollen foot! After some xrays (glad about the toenails being painted here!!), the Dr said that I had twisted/strained some ligaments and.....blah blah blah.....here is an air cast and some crutches. Crutches for a week. A WEEK! Then, after that, slowly put the weight back on it. Wear the air cast with your shoe on top. Maybe someday it will fit in a shoe!
Jonathan came back......stayed home last night......got me all situated this morning, and left again! People from church are bringing meals and picking up the kids! THANK YOU ALL.......I AM FEELING BLESSED!

So........with all of this sitting.....you all might get a post every day! HA HA!

Basketball is over. Jill and Thomas both had fun and improved from the beginning of the year.
Baseball signups are here already....they can begin practice during Spring Break. Here we go again! BUT, they all love it. Well....almost all....Thomas was a little reluctant, but I think he is going to be OK.

In looking at all the magazines here....the Southern Living from February has Nutter Butter Banana Pudding on the cover.....we made it on Super Bowl Sunday and WOW! It was great. Also, on page 124 is Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole. Its great too.......and easy to make. It has avacado in it.....the kids arent really avacado people, but they didn't even realize it was in there!
Seriously, people.....try it!

Are yall on Facebook??? Some of you I know are because we are friends on there, too. Let me hear from you.....I am listed as Vanessa Davis. Lets be friends! LOL

The 5K I was going to run in on March 1......well........that doesnt seem like its going to happen anymore. Ahhhhhhhh.......that's a little frustrating. I have been doing personal training sessions with a guy on Tuesdays....he is awesome....and obviously, I am not there today......so I called him and he says, "Well, we can work on upper body"! TRUE, but uh......not today. Maybe next week.
Just thought it was funny. I guess that means he doesn't want me to sit on the couch all week.
I dont either! I am BORED already and this is only Day 1.

Jonathan is going to a Walk to Emmaus this weekend. He is totally looking forward to it! I hope he has a great time. : ) xoxo, Honey!

Grant was sweet this morning. While I was sitting on the stairs, going down one at a time, he said, "Momma....I will hold your leg up"! So....there he was going down one stair at a time...helping me. Kinda wish I had a picture of that. Kinda.....I was not looking so good!!!!

I WON SOMETHING!!!! My blog friend, Kasey, from Life With the Hunts (see list on the right).....had a give-a-way on her blog for a framed letter of your last name with cutie paper behind it. YALL know I am NOT crafty, but she is!!!!! And, I won!!!!! YAY!!!! When I get it in the mail, I will take a pic (with my phone!) and post it!

Like I said in the last post, I am reading The Shack. It's still weird.....not sure I agree with the characterizations, but the underlying messages are good. Maybe I will finish it with all of this Couch Time. I wonder if I can drive to the movie theater. I still want to see Bride Wars. I did see He's Just Not That Into You on Saturday while J had the kids at the deer lease. It is hilarious.

Last, but not least, this is a pencil sketch of my Facebook pic. You can do it on Facebook, then save the image to your computer. Its all too technological for me, but pretty cool!




4 comments:

Kasey said...

Ah man!!! That's awesome that you have that strong support system!! Makes it less stressful. Putting the finishing touches on your gift!! It's going to look great. Now you'll have time to think of a place to put it.

Take care, if I lived closer to you I'd come and give you a foot rub (the other one of course. I'm a M.T.!!

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your foot. I know you must be uncomfortable even with all the TLC. Crutches are the worst kind of torture! Ha.

Get well soon.

Love ya
e.e

Amy said...

Bless your heart! Mom's are never,ever,ever, never supposed to get hurt!! It's just a rule, like never being sick!! Did you not get the memo??:)

Hope you feel better soon!

thomascrow9 said...

So very sorry I am not living closer to my girls. Just when one needs me, i'm here in the icebox of the world, Nebraska. I will be thinking of you and probably calling every day to check on you. When you told me that story about G on the phone, a tear welled up, cause he is a sweet boy, and loves his momma immensely, as do we all.
lu mucho, pops