Thursday, February 12, 2009

We are making it!

Oh....the crutches!!! They make my hands hurt, but are probably making my muscles stronger.
Thats good since I have not worked out since Boot Camp on Monday morning!!

Did I mention that people from church have been bringing some ooh la la food for us!!?? I have to give a major award to Marian Fisher for her Italian Creme Cake......is it OK to hide food from your children?? I've thought about.....I could get it out when they are all at school......and have some coffee with it?!

One of my friends had a hurt knee at the beginning of school and said that she used a rolling office chair at home instead of the crutches. I stole her idea and IT ROCKS. Of course it doesn't help me go up or down the stairs (or help me once I get upstairs)....but....I am loving it.....as much as you can I guess.

I drove today!!!!! Jill had an allergy shot to take......so.......I tried it! We did fine, just a little slower than usual! : ) I might brave the movie theater tomorrow....Confessions of a Shopaholic comes out tomorrow! Thinking of driving......when I went to get gas today...Ihad to get it in our little town where they still pump your gas for you at ONE place instead of at HEB or WalMart....so I pulled in there and told the lady what I needed and she kinda looked at me funny and asked If I was OK. This is the same convenience store I get a Diet Coke at almost daily, so they know me! I told her what had happened and she asked me if Lady was coming down to help??!! (Lady is Jonathan's mom) This cracked me up....when Lady has come and stayed with the kids before, she takes them there, to what we lovingly call THE Coke Store......but the attendant knew her name!! So funny.........anyway, Lady is not coming. She has Bible classes to teach. DRAT for me. The good thing, however, is that the attendant asked if she could bring me a Diet Coke to the car!!!!! MUSIC to my ears. I had joked on the phone with Jonathan that I wondered if THE Coke Store would deliver....if I call them from their own parking lot....I'd probably be too embarrassed to do that anyway, but maybe they will volunteer again!!! 4 more days of the crutches and I am done with them....hopefully.

J is doing a Walk to Emmaus....I dont think I've ever gone 4 days without talking to him in 15 years!!

For those of you who let me know about the comment email error message on here, I think I fixed it. It still had my last employer's email address on there.....but it is fixed now! I am not technologically inclined.....I think I fixed it, but dont know for sure. : )

I am sadly going to miss the Valentine parties at the kids schools tomorrow.....just dont think its a good idea for me at this point. I told them we will have our own party here and they seemed to be OK with that.

HAPPY THURSDAY........yay for Grey's being on tonight!

1 comment:

thomascrow9 said...

You're a good mom, having a party at home because you are missing the school parties. Glag you are getting around easier Van and they brought your diet coke to the car???? Now that's service. I know you joked with me about that too and i thought, sure, dream on, but apparently Lady made a good impression when she was there. Get well and stay safe. I love you
dad