Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend Recap

The story that goes with this is at the end!



Isn't that an original title???


I guess I should really start from last Wednesday......

Grant comes home from school, starts to play Monopoly Jr., then says he has to go lay down for a while. I go upstairs to check on him.......102.5 fever. LOVELY. He and I stay home from church and he sleeps until morning........2 am in the morning.......then he wants to TALK!! I kept saying "Grant...I really have to sleep...remember I have Boot Camp and have to get up at 4:30".

He finally fell back asleep. We knew that he probably would not be going to school the next day, so we asked one of the sweet ladies at church if she could keep him until noon since Jonathan and I were both enrolling at different places on Thurs. Thank goodness she could! He made a trip to the Dr.......white spots on the tonsils.......GREAT.......and no, he cannot go to school Friday either.

Did I mention that we were having a garage sale on Friday at my house? I had it all planned and in the paper, signs made, change gotten........now I have a sick son to go along with it! He woke up like a little bouncy ball on Friday, a little excited that he was going to be around to "help" with the festivities. He was acting totally fine.....I am sure the attendees of the garage sale were wondering why he was not at school. I drug everything onto the carport from the garage and we were busy! At about 11 the phone rings.......I recognize the number as the elementary nurse.

GREAT. This time it was Thomas. I thought maybe he had the sore throat, too, or he was faking it because he and Jill were a little mad that G got to stay home and "help" and they had to go to school. No sore throat though....he was in MUSIC class and was doing some kind of dance and tripped over the person next to him and fell into the corner of a table and had a laceration in his head that the nurse could not get to stop bleeding. Did I mention blood makes me faint and that I was having a garage sale?????

I left all the stuff on the carport, loaded up G, and we went to get Thomas. I had not showered, neither had G. We looked lovely.

We picked up Thomas and headed to the Dr., the same one who had seen G the day before for his throat and Jill for her weekly allergy shot. She stitched him up and off we went......after stopping for a Coke.........back to our garage sale. If anyone stole anything, I did not notice. At that point, I dont think I would have cared. Take it......take it ALL!

He had a little headache, but was fine for the most part.

Jill gets home at 4 and is questioning Thomas about how he got to come home. He says, "Look....I got stitches"......she was a little sympathetic!

He is fine now......and so is G. (They all went to school today...that reminds me of another story from today....I get a call at 10:30 or so...its the school secretary wondering where Thomas is. I dropped him off this morning was my response....surely he has not figured out how to skip school! He is in 2nd grade! She says that maybe the sub counted the wrong person absent. TRUE! He was there. No need for worry.)


Saturday........more garage sale.......but only like 3 people with a grand total for that day of $2. Something like 80 overall.......which is fine with me. I used my proceeds for a cocoa maker. I already ordered it. When it comes in......I will give a consumer report!

We also went to a birthday party for a little one year old from church!

EARLY on Sat morning, Jonathan and Jill went to the deer lease. It was girls weekend with dad.

Our niece was there with J's brother and the other guy on the lease's daughter was there, too.

I get a call about 8 Sat night......(whisper) "Mom....we got one....we are going to find it now. I will call you later." They did get one.....a doe.....Jill really enjoyed getting to identify the insides and especially cutting open the stomach...just to see what the deer had eaten. Is this MY child? I would never ever do that. I would get my nails dirty. She, however, could care less about all of that! Her brothers were jealous---they went to the deer lease and did not get anything with dad! G is going this Friday.....maybe he will have some luck!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm sorry to say that I was laughing out loud with relief that someone else's life is as crazy as mine!! Although, through the laughter, I did feel sorry for ya!! Way to keep it all together...YOU'RE good!!:)

thomascrow9 said...

That's my girl, organized and has it all together. All my girls are self sustaining. Thank the Lord they all listened and got their degrees before marriage or pregnancy. I feel very thankful to him. TH and G;........you boys are something else. Your momma used to get strep a lot so you get it honestly. I had a few bouts when I was a child too so.........there u go. I am glad Jill got a deer and hope the boys have some luck too. MIss you all and love you of course
POPS

Shelley said...

WAY TO GO JILL!! Awesome. Love the story on the sub... I have made many sub moments in my last two months :)