Saturday, December 29, 2007

Thomas.......Happy Late Birthday Post!

Thomas with his Steeler's cake.


This is Thomas's favorite football card. It even has a piece of Ben's actual jersey. He guards this card.

Sorry I have been a little negligent in keeping up with my little blog this month---for all 3 of you that actually read this---I am sorry and will try to do better!



I guess I need to start with Thomas and his 7th birthday on December 7th. The story of his birth is kind of funny. I was put on partial bed rest the last month of the pregnancy---with Jill (an almost 2 yr old) at home! We lived in Abilene then and Jill went to MDO at Highland on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Even though bed rest was ordered, Jonathan's mom and I had already planned a shopping day with lunch at Hickory Street Cafe. Against Jonathan's better judgement, off we went after dropping off Jill. We did all we could during the time Jill was at MDO. I kind of rested after picking her up......as much as I could anyway.....until Motherly Love that night. Motherly Love is a thing that Hillcrest does where the older ladies of the congregation make dinner for the younger moms---they usually had a speaker or something, too. It was always fun and I was not going to miss it! So, on Dec 7th, off I went again! Motherly Love lasted about 2-3 hours, but as soon as I stood up after it was over.....I knew something was wrong. I had LeighAnne drive me home and called Dr Kapu. She said she would meet us at the hospital in 10 minutes! Thank goodness our adopted ACU student, Stephanie, was already coming over. She had no idea what was going on when we asked her to stay at our house with Jill because we had to go to the hospital! She was coming over to paint my toenails! Anyway......while Dr Kapu is doing the C-Section, Jonathan tells her to ask me what I had been doing all day. I was totally busted. I told her I already had all of that stuff planned-----I was at least wearing the lovely prescription pantyhose----anyway, Thomas was born at 11 pm on Dec 7th instead of on Dec 20 like he was scheduled to be. It all worked out fine. : )

Thomas is a sweet boy. He loves football, football, and football. His favorite team is the Steelers and he wears his Ben Rothlisberger jersey with PRIDE! Thomas loves his momma, Jill, Grant, Daddy, puppies, and eggnog. He even asked Santa for a huge diamond necklace for his mom for Christmas. (Santa obliged! THANK YOU!)

Happy late blog birthday Thomas J...........my Sweet Babboo!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Happy Birthday THOMAS!!!