Wednesday, December 5, 2007

EARS!

Grant likes to fall asleep in my bed, then be moved to his own bed after he falls asleep. I think he likes to fall asleep in my bed because I have this warmer thing.....it is under the fitted sheet and is kind of like an electric blanket.....and has settings from Low, 1-9, and High. Grant likes to turn it on 5.....because he is5. Anyway........he fell asleep in my bed last night and when I went to bed (after watching The Biggest Loser on DVR--I love that show!) I tried to snuggle with him before Jonathan moved him to his own bed. I told him that I loved him to the moon and back like I always do....not expecting an answer.

This morning he came and got back in bed with me at about 6:20 to snuggle before the alarm went off........and I told him that I was talking to him last night.......at this point he says "Mom....dont you know that my ears are turned off while I am asleep. Dont talk to me---I cannot hear you."

3 comments:

Shelley said...

I need one of those bed warmer things! sounds awesome... My Christmas list is getting longer and longer :) I think my kids turn their ears off lots of times not just when they are asleep.

Cara said...

It's a good thing we have these 5 yrs old to tell us "stuff" we don't know! I agree with Shelley...the ears aren't only off during sleep at my house! :)

Steve said...

VAC...
Sounds like Grant has it all figured out! Selective hearing at an early age! Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas..and a great New Year! Remember the Reason for the Season..
Love ya'll
Steve