Monday, November 12, 2007

3rd Annual November Church Trip

Trent, Amber, Steve, Lorie, Bruce, Paula, me, and Jonathan
This weekend was our fun trip (NO KIDS) with some of the other couples from church. The past 2 years we have gone to Dallas, so decided to change it up a little and go to San Antonio this time. We left early Saturday morning.....girls in one car, boys in the other......and stopped in Temple and had breakfast at the Bluebonnet Cafe. From there, the boys went to play golf somewhere in San Antonio (J cannot remember the name, but said it was beautiful) and the girls had some shopping to do. We stopped at the outlet mall in Round Rock first-----none of us had been there before......there were so many stores! I laughed at the Burberry Outlet prices....$465 for a coat......whatever......it would need to be cuter than that for me.
We all had some luck at the Ann Taylor store (one of my favorites!). I found a few things at American Eagle, too. All of the things I bought were even on sale! : )
We left there and went on to the outlet mall in San Marcos. Paula has XM radio in her car, so Lorie and I were singing and seeing who could guess the artist first of all of these songs that were on the radio from when we were in jr high and high school. We found some good things at this mall, too. However..........we were getting TIRED! What was wrong with us? No kids...shopping...and we were tired???!!!
We left there and went to the hotel in San Antonio. We got the rooms on priceline and thought we were staying at the Rivercenter Marriott, but were actually staying at the Marriott on Alamo Street......not too far from the riverwalk. We got there at the same time as the boys....we had some mixups finding the place.....but a fine citizen from San Antonio let us turn in front of him on our street.....even with Amber freaking out about asking him, so Paula did........you really had to be there for that one. Amber does not talk to strangers. period.
We got to the hotel-----all on different floors because some of President Bush's dignitary people had just left and they were not done cleaning up yet---and had about 35 minutes to get ready for dinner. We did not know where we were going, but knew we wanted to be on the Riverwalk.
We walked around and around (Paula.......I hope your knee is better after the little fall down the steps) and finally meandered into the Pesca. It was a seafood place and was good. I figured out that I do not like cold smoked salmon as my appetizer-----GAG-------the texture almost killed me, but I did try it at least. The menu did not mention it was cold smoked. I guess I should have asked! Our waiter was.............as Jonathan says.......BUSY! He tried.......but there were eight of us. Jonathan and I split a steak and crabcakes. After Bruce traded steaks with me (mine was toooooooo pink) we were good to go! THANKS Bruce. I think everyone liked their food for the most part. Lorie and Amber both had blackened swordfish.......One of the funniest things for me was seeing Paula pull salad dressing out of her purse---she is allergic to gluten---and has her own little snacks stashed at various places. Bless her heart.
It was COLD in there, so the girls went outside to warm up and let the boys pay for dinner.
We then went to Starbucks, had a coffee, and went back to the hotel for bed.
Jonathan and I actually slept until around 8:15 or so........then we were off at 10:00 to eat at a place called Blanco that Lorie's aunt recommended. After driving around in the barrio, we did find it, and it was delicious. I highly recommend it!
For the drive home, Jonathan, Bruce, Paula and myself were in one car-----leaving Trent, Amber, Lorie, and Steve in the other. (Thier kids were all in Hewitt, so they were going there)
I had to take a sweater back to American Eagle and J wanted to stop at the Johnston and Murphy store.......so we did......and found some other stores that we missed the first time!
Paula bought some hand cream at the Crabtree and Evelyn store and it was in a paper sack....when we stopped to use the bathroom, we were gathering up the trash and empty water bottles....she handed me the sack and I threw it away! Neither of us thought a thing about it until we pulled up to our house and Paula started laughing........it was then that she remembered what was in the bag! I AM SO SORRY ABOUT THAT! (BTW...Bruce and Paula are Trent's parents)
We got home and the kids were outside with Ms Cooky playing with the animals. They missed us a little they said. Cooky is lots of fun though.........
Now we are back to life.........back to blogging........and working.
love to all........

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Glad you had some time away... We all can use that. I am going this weekend with about 12 other mommas for some "time out". Cant wait!! Take care, love ya :)