Tuesday, October 23, 2007

WHAT A WEEKEND!!!

As many of you know.......this weekend was ACU's Homecoming. J played in the golf tournament on Friday with some of his friends. He said they did not win, but had a good time. Saturday morning at 6:30 am (!!!!!!!!), I went to the KJK breakfast (sorry for the terrible pic). I saw some friends there that I hadn't seen in a long time. I pledged 15 years ago----it almost does not seem real. To go along with the Japanese theme, we even got fortune cookies at our place settings. Mine said, "Kojie born and Kojie bred, and when you die you are Kojie dead"--What does that mean?---some of the others had "SECRET" Kojie sayings......LOL.......some of those sayings I had not heard in a very long time. Our table laughed and laughed about the fortunes. The NuNus (or provisional members as they are now known) did a great job with skits and songs. It was really great to see everyone and catch up. We also went to chapel. Brandon Thomas led the singing, along with some of the other past Sing Song hosts and hostesses. Chapel was good and our kids enjoyed it, too. Dr. Money spoke and told all the kids that were first grade and older that they could now pre-enroll. Better start saving some $$$$$$$$ too. We made it to the football game---weather was nice----but the Wildcats lost. I cannot remember the score, but it was close. We saw more friends at the game------the Piersalls from Abilene and Anna (it used to be Malcuit, but I cannot remember her married name) from Nashville with her husband and kids. We went to Hillcrest on Sunday morning---the singing is so good! A lot different from our little congregation of 70.



This is our niece, Clara. Her 3rd bday party was held in Abilene this weekend while we were there. She and Lady had their parties together. As you can see, Clara got lots of princess attire.


This is Love. She is one of our new puppies. Her name is Love because Jonathan loves his kids. See story below........


This is K.C. He is our other new puppy. Although it may not seem real, KC (Kid Chaser) and Love are brother and sister. For about a month now, the kids and I have been trying to convince Jonathan to let us get a Shih Tzu from a lady that Addie got hers from in Abilene. All along, he has been saying no. On Sunday he had a change of heart and said yes. They brought the puppies over for us to choose from----I liked the one that actually looked like a Shih Tzu (KC) and the kids (and Jonathan too I think) liked the other calmer dog (Love). He wanted to make everyone happy.....so he got BOTH of them. So, at 10:30 pm, the kids and I go back to Wal Mart to get another carrier, leash, personalized tag and collar, shampoo, detangler, brush, food, food and water bowl, puppy training pads, towels, etc. for our new additions to the family. They barked and barked when we put them to bed in their kennels at midnight. I took them both outside at 4:40 am (its like having another baby) to do their business, played with them afterwards, put them back to bed and tried to go to sleep myself. They were barking again at 6:00 and this woke the kids up.....so they turned on all the lights in Lady and Granddad's house and got the dogs out and back outside we all went. Remember how cold it was this weekend---we were all freezing! But a dogs got to do what a dogs got to do----not inside Lady's house---or we would all be in trouble. Anyway......we are home now and the dogs are fine. I need to find a groomer for KC---his hair needs a trim!! Jill bathed both of the dogs last night and wrapped them up. J says that KC snores, but I did not hear them! They are both asleep at my feet right now...sooooooo cute. Thanks, Meano Daddy, for letting us get not one, but TWO Shih Tzus.
Here is Jonathan, our Meano Daddy. Doesn't he look great in Grant's Cowboys' helmet? I could not believe he actually got it on (and off) of his head! I laughed and laughed when he came and showed me his new look. I am still shocked he let me take a picture. I am sure he did not think it would end up on the Internet! He is my MAN! : ) Love to all.........

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Wish we could have made ACU homecoming. I say every year I am going to go and I dont! Maybe next year :)... Jonathan looks great in the helmet. We will be in waco sunday morning. Will is doing a marathon there. Wish we could see yall but understand since it is a sunday morning and all. We could have our own church at the finish line though!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.pi7.ru/main/1664-rossiyane-gotovyat-novuyu-volnu-emigracii.html ]Ты красива от природы [/url]
В октябре собираюсь к родственникам на святую землю, хочу объединить с шоппингом. В прошлом году привезла замечательные вещи из двух ТЦ возле Бер-Шевы, все вещи оттуда стали моими самыми любимыми. Но в тот раз у меня буквально не было денег, поехала буквально невзначай, но цены меня ошеломили - разве что не в 2 раза дешевле все, чем у нас. В этот раз подготовилась, подкопила чуть-чуть, для того быть во всеоружии =) Конечно, хотелось бы купить брендовых вещей. Посоветуйте, куда лучше поехать закупаться?