Sunday, September 23, 2007

No cute title.........our week this week!

This week............
Yesterday was the boys' first flag football game. They looked so cute in their jerseys---Thomas is #7; Grant is #1. I guess that is one benefit of being the coach's kids.....you get the # you want!
Their team is called the Cougars........they played the Horned Frogs and lost by one touchdown. Talk about disappointment! The funniest thing was when I walked into the office last night to see my sweet husband, the coach, drawing out PLAYS for these kids like they were on varsity.
It cracks me up. J said, "I dont care if it is flag football.......I still dont like to lose". So the Cougars have a new offense to run this week---we will practice it on Tues and Thurs to see how it goes. : ) Oh yeah........I would be the mom/coach's wife that did not even think about bringing snacks/goody bags for the boys after the game like we did for baseball. It did not even cross my mind. One of the moms asked me about it at the game......thank goodness she volunteered to bring the essentials next Sat.

Friday night we went to Texas Stadium to watch Abilene High play Tyler Lee. Abilene High won.......so J was happy.......he used the be the QB there and apparently was pretty good. (Ask him about his box of medals---ha! ) One of his friends from Abilene, that now teaches there, and his wife met us there to watch the game. Then they came back to the big city of West to spend the night with us and to watch the flag football game the next am at 8:15. You can imagine how tired we are were after being in Dallas the night before. We did show them the town after the game and took them to the Ole Czech Bakery for a kolache. Such culture in this town. Its not Snowhite Bakery, but it will do for now.

Other than that we had a pretty normal week. Practice, church, practice, church. I camped out in Covington this week and made a few trips to Hubbard and Killeen for work. This next week I will be camped out in Grandview---wish me luck----and patience with this new job. I would much rather be doing something fun..........like a Bare Minerals store or something. Maybe when I win the lottery that will be my fun job.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I am with you, practice, church, practice, football game, soccer game, field trip, homework! Busy time of the year. Hope J gets the offense right :) And I hope you dont get too frustrated with your job... Hang in there! Love ya...

popsy said...

The first game was great. Seeing Grant as a team captain was surprising. He was the shortest guy out there, but had a lot of heart. Thomas wanted to run the ball very bad, but the coach did not let him. He did get to kick once and then grabbed the flag right after that. The rules have changed a lot: no spinning, no fanning hands, no passes but for one per half. We had a great time.