Sunday, March 18, 2007

Hunting Trip

I am now home from the Davis Girls Hunting Trip. Like I said before, we went to Lubbock. My friend Lorie Welch went with me----she wanted to be a Davis Girl, too!! We left here on Thursday around 10:30 am with NO KIDS or HUSBANDS. We stopped at some fun little shops on the way........but found nothing.........there was a beautiful antique window at a store in Hico, but for $2000 and nowhere to put it, it had to stay there! We ate lunch at the DeLeon Cafe.....for those of you who have made the trip from West to Abilene......you know there arent any choices for food along the way! We made it to Abilene and rode the rest of the way with Lady, Jenny, and Addie--she flew in from Corpus Christi earlier that day. Of course we had to stop for a Coke first---and we even made a delivery to the Merkel Truck Stop for Grandad---that officially made Lorie a Davis Girl! We visited and laughed all the way there........when we got to Fern's house, she had made a feast for us! She had 2 kinds of soup, cornbread, grapes, cheese and crackers, and desserts! We met up with Carra, Micah, and Gisela at Fern's. We got a tour of Fern's house----she had faux finished all the rooms----each color very warm and rich.
We visited some more and finally had to go to bed! Friday was filled with shopping....we went to a trendy little store called 10/20 and I got two fun necklaces there and a camo hat for Jill. We went to Ross and the mall, but I got NOTHING at NY and Co. shocking I know........I did try on 3 things...but none looked good enough to take home. We went to other stores in the mall, too, but again...........found nothing! Lorie and I did get some pantyhose--if you could call them that---mine are capri length and Lorie's are a mini-skirt length---that way we could wear our new cute strappy sandals. We had to have them to keep us a little warm at the performance that night. It was a little colder than we would have liked in Lubbock! Friday night Russ took all the girls plus 2 of Micah's friends to Gardski's Loft for dinner. It was fun being dressed up with the girls. I somehow forgot my camera, so Lady has all the pics on her camera. I will try to upload one of them sometime. We went to the 7:30 showing of Cirque Dreams. It was amazing. All the different colors of the costumes and the tricks they did..........wow. I sat there thinking about the liability involved and how much insurance they had to have for all of it! kinda sad that my brain works like that, isn't it!!?? After the show we went to see Gisela's house---she is also the queen of faux finishes----and has a beautiful house. We got to see David and his workshop.....amazing.
Then we watched "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days"---I still can't believe Lorie had not seen it!
I really need the yellow dress from that movie. I don't know where I would wear it, but I really need it. We saw one at Cache--------
Sat morning we woke up a little later, had another great breakfast (Misty even came over and brought her wedding pics for me to see), and got in a little more last minute shopping before we left. The Bare Escentuals store loved the Davis Girls. We went there on Friday and Saturday for more! We then got lunch to go and were on our way back to Abilene for Lady to deliver some cakes. We were a little later getting there than we thought, so we all went to deliver the cake. Lorie put together the cake stand because it had too many directions for me! She and I were on our way back to West after that. I think we got home around 8:30 or so......starving because as I said earlier........there is nowhere to eat. I had cereal when I got home; Lorie had a thumbprint cookie she said. We had a great time together---visiting, praying, eating, shopping, seeing the play, taking personality quizzes..........I love all of you girls!! Until next time.........

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Your trip sounds like so much fun! I need to start that tradition with my in-laws!?!?... Hope all is well. We need to get together soon... maybe over the summer?

Steve said...

VAC,
Sounds like you had too much fun! Can't imagine all those ladies trying on clothes all day. Glad you have loving relationships with all those ladies. Friends mean the world to us.
Love ya,
Steve