Thursday, January 8, 2009

So.....I am not really a Resolution Girl!

I really am not a resolution person. I'm just not! I don't think I have ever been. Is eating healthier a resolution or a lifestyle change? Probably it could be both. (Did those large McD french fries on New Year's Eve count? Nothing else sounded good!)

Jonathan is calorie counting, so I have to make better choices when meal planning and going grocery shopping for the week. I guess it filters down to all of us. I do need to drink more water....at least more water every day than Diet Coke. Some days its about 50/50!

The kids and Jonathan were talking about resolutions they wanted to make. Jill was a little concerned that the Wii Fit had her on the obese line. YIKES! Girls have such body issues anyway without the Wii making you cringe! Isn't it supposed to be FUN? It doesn't help that she is the tallest one in the 4th grade and has figured out that she weighs more than most of her friends. She is about a foot taller than most of them, but she doesn't take that into consideration.
My work is cut out for me on this one. I keep stressing the word "healthy" to her, not "weight"!
She will be T.E.N. next week. : (

These boys are actually playing together on Christmas. They both got some knights from Santa and were still being good when this pic was taken. Thomas's resolution was to hate the Longhorns more. Dont really know what the deal was with that other than him wanting to aggravate Jill, who LOVES the Longhorns. Once she found out that my oldest sister babysat Colt McCoy and that his Dad and Grandad coached her....that was it. She is their biggest fan.

Grant's resolution was to play with our dog and cat more. I keep reminding him of that and we are only at day 8 of the resolution!!! He may have to update his........we will see.
We got to see lots of family during the holiday.....Here we are in Lubbock with some of Dad's side of the family....


This is the girls at my sister Cathe's house.....My Aunt Ellen was also able to come over, visit, and have lunch with all of us! We had a good visit!

Here is my Dad (visiting from Nebraska) with Cathe, me, and all of our kids!!
We had a great Christmas and New Year's! Hope all of you did as well!




2 comments:

thomascrow9 said...

It was such a good time up to the day Pops got sick, of course. Seems it happens every time I get around my grands on a visit. They must run their hands through sewer water before I get there. I am still sick and it's been 6 days. I went to the e.r. and got meds, but to no avail. Going to my regular doc today, has to help. Sure good to see all of them anyway and will always to it again.

Kasey said...

It's always fun to spend holidays with family.