Saturday, December 20, 2008

Open House...try # 341

I think most of the pics are on here now......thats good......because I'd almost given up on getting the pics to load. My sweet husband did get me a new computer for Christmas (I opened it this morning!), so, hopefully I wont have all the problems anymore.

Speaking of sweet husbands........here he is.......with his favorite decoration. It came from Whataburger or somewhere like that. Eggnog is like a little stuffed thing. I think we have had it longer than we have had Jill!

Me with eggnog......J thought this pic was too funny! He took it.

The kids tree.....all of the ornaments they have made are on here, including Jill's angel tree topper she made in PreK. Some ornaments Jonathan made in 1977 are on here too. He must have had a good teacher that year!
These are hand blown glass ornaments that the kids made a few years ago in Temple. They are hanging from the chandelier in the entry way.


This one is my favorite.........these are ornaments that my Nanny made a long time ago. I always remember them being on her tree----so shiny and sequinish!! I tried to make one for J when we got married----I dont have the touch though---it was too heavy and kept falling off the hanger! Martha I am NOT!


These things are also in the dining room. The tall Santa is from Nanny and Grandad's house....the short Santa is from France (a reminder of our trip this past summer!), and the little glass tree is a replica of one that was in my Momba and Bob's house.


The kids advent calendars with the Christmas village......


Merry Christmas to all!!!!!!






3 comments:

Kasey said...

I like the idea of the hand made ornament tree. Everything looks really nice.

Amy said...

Everything looks beautiful! Love the egg nog ornament! FUNNY!!

thomascrow9 said...

sO GLAD YOU HAVE STUFF FROM NANNY AND MOMBA UP IN YOUR HOUSE. THAT TALL SANTA HAS BEEN AROUND SINCE I WAS A SMALL BOY, IT'S A COCA COLA SANTA. THOSE DECORATED BALLS FROM NANNY'S HOUSE HAVE BEEN AROUND ABOUT AS LONG AS SANTA, PROBABLY 50 YEARS OR SO. ENJOY!!!
LOVE YOU
POPS