Thursday, April 10, 2008

Letters from LADY

THe following is an email I received from J's mom (LADY) today. I thought it was so good that I would share it all with you. Sometimes we just need some motherly advice!!

To my dear children, I have just watched, viainternet, a beautiful man talk of life. He will losehis in the very near future due to pancreatic cancer.There was a short article about him in the Parademagazine but best of all, I watched part of aninterview last night with Diane Sawyers.Unfortunately, I didn't see the first part.After 7 years of marriage and 3 children he wasdiagnosed; he is about 46. In the interview he and hiswife talked of their lives and how they are handlingthis situation-with joy for life, their children andone another. It is a warm story filled with wisdom andserving to remind us that much of what we spend ourenergies, thoughts and money on are really prettyuseless. To ourselves and others.Mostly, it reminded me not to wasteful of my own time,and to be eternally grateful that I have had a longlife. And I don't want to "lull" the rest of it away.I'm asking you to take the time to hear his speech,"My Last Lecture." It can be found at Parade. com. Itis about 1 hr. 15 min. He is very funny, verythoughtful, very real. Please don't think you don'thave time--you do and it may be the best gift you giveyourselves.God bless each of you and may we have the mind to makethe most of what is important AND to enjoy our lives.Perhaps that is a gift we forget to accept. Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw this man on 20/20 or one of those news shows. Wow!!!! that is all I can say. He really does have it all in the right line...Just wonder where all the strength comes from...Said there could be now movie made of his life because their is NO one as beautiful as his wife and she wouldn't do it....vi